When I’m traveling, I’m never so happy as when I’m doing a hands-on activity. Cooking in Thailand, papermaking in Japan, batik painting in Malaysia and spear fishing in Fiji are all on the list of my all-time favorite travel experiences.
With my love of creating things, it should comes as no surprise that one of my favorite toys as a kid (age range left intentionally blank), was Lego building bricks.
So it is with some excitement that I read LEGOLAND California Resort will be opening on April 5 at the entrance to the LEGOLAND theme park in Carlsbad, Calif.
The 250-room “Bed & Brickfest” has a number of features I’m particularly excited about:
- Guests can choose between three themed rooms: Pirate, Adventure or Kingdom
- There are at least eight LEGO purchase levitra online models in every room
- Every room also includes a treasure chest that younger guests can unlock once they complete a special treasure hunt by finding clues located throughout their room.
- There are more than 3,400 LEGO models in the entire hotel; some three million LEGO bricks were used to build them all.
- Behind the reception desk in the lobby there is an entire wall created out of 6,000 LEGO Minifigures.
- The Skyline Café features a LEGO skyline which includes 35 different scenes
And if all that LEGO-themed happiness isn’t enough to make me want to visit, I’m particularly excited about the hotel’s Disco Elevators.
According to the press release:
As guests enter the elevator, lights pulsate in the ceiling to music, a mirror ball rotates and a different sound effect announces arrivals on each floor
Now that’s what I call Travel Glitter.