Badrutt’s Palace Hotel, in St. Moritz, Switzerland has launched a groom bootcamp that “… tests the eligibility and improves the housekeeping skills of a modern-day husband.” According to the press release, the hotel’s Licence to Wed package puts the husband-to-be through a variety of challenges to prepare him for married life, including a washing and ironing test, a gentleman’s etiquette course and a culinary class with the executive chef.
Okay, it’s not as bad as a Hello Kitty wedding. But it still involves ironing. On vacation.
Fortunately there’s light at the end of the tunnel.
Once the groom passes the course, he and his bachelor party will be given a chance to enjoy the local area. In winter, they will be taken by Rolls-Royce to the Muottas Muragl cable-car for a toboggan adventure. In summer, the party will instead go to Lake St. Moritz for a sailing trip with the hotel’s skipper.
The bachelor party will also enjoy a visit to the Palace Wellness spa, a tour of the Palace Wine Cellar with the hotel sommelier and an informal dinner at the Chef’s Table. Finally, the groom’s party will enjoy a pub crawl of St. Moritz.
The Badrutt’s Palace Hotel License to Wed package is available from December 5, 2013 for a minimum of four people and includes a two-night buy levitra 20mg stay in Badrutt’s Palace Hotel in a Superior Single Room (from $1,627 US) or a Superior Double Room (from $2,694 US), including breakfast, access to the refreshment bar, movie channels and WiFi Internet.
The package includes:
- Completion of the Badrutt’s Palace Licence to Wed programme (including the ironing course, etiquette and cooking session as well as a certificate after completion)
- One set dinner in the elegant Le Restaurant or cozy Chesa Veglia (excluding beverages)
- One exclusive tour of the Palace Wine Cellar with the sommelier (including a glass of Champagne per person)
- One set dinner at the Chef’s Table in the Palace Kitchen (excluding beverages)
- A Muottas Muragl toboggan run with toboggan rental in winter or in summer two hours’ cruising on the Badrutt’s Palace with skipper
- A concierge-recommended pub and bar tour through St. Moritz
- A ticket for all mountain railways and cable cars for the entire region
- Transfer to/from Corviglia mountain railway for the duration of the entire stay.
Located in one of the most challenging ski areas in the world, Badrutt’s Palace Hotel features 157 guestrooms and 37 suites with stunning views of the Swiss Alps. The hotel is a member of Leading Hotels of the World, Swiss Deluxe Hotels and Swiss Historic Hotels.
Badrutt’s Palace Hotel